Help! Cory eggs everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
A pair of corys I have not even properly IDed yet are smearing eggs all over the aquarium glass.

Can I move them into a tiny aquarium for hatching?

Or do I have to let any fry that hatch take their chances?

This just happened, will post pics soon!

Fry will never surive this tank. In addition to all the filtration, they are in a 110 gallon tank with 7 largish silver dollars, an albino rainbow shark, a stunted bala and three plecos and a couple of small clown loaches.

Sorry, I just realised you put something up about the ID of the parents, and that is what I put in this post

Sorry I can't help with the eggs.

Last edited:
Hold a small container in the water under the eggs and carefully scrape the eggs off with a razor or credit card but razor would be best make sure you catch them in the container then move them

Those are pretty! If you find the species/breed can you tell me? I want some! ^^

They look like corydoras sterbai to me. Either way congrats. The eggs are tougher than you think. If you roll them up the glass they will come off and you can put them in another tank.

Just a thought, since you didn't say anything, but don't you have to keep the eggs wet? And doesn't the other tank need to have either the tank water or similar water? (it was just a thought)

Yes sorry. Put them into another tank with plenty of circulation to keep the eggs from turning to fungus. You can put methlyne blue in the water. Some people say shrimp will do the job of keeping the eggs clean for you as well. I am trying that theory right now just waiting for my cories to help me out and lay some eggs. I put my eggs in a 2 1/2 gallon tank with an air stone fairly close to the eggs to give them plenty of water movement. Hope that helps. If possible take the water for the egg tank from the tank you are taking the eggs out of.

Back
Top Bottom