help ebr spawning!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ_gibbo1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experience with breeding ebr? I understand they are quite difficult??
My pair of ebr have just spawned can any one give me any advice on what I should be doing i have been adding liquifry to the tank regularly since they laid 2 days ago.
How long do the eggs take to hatch?!
Thanks in advance if any one can shed any light on this.

I've spawned them several times. Eggs should hatch in approx 3 days. My EBRs almost always ate their eggs, the longest batch I had survive was 3 days free swimming. If they manage to keep them alive and free swimming then its best to spot feed with something tiny. Best of luck.

Thank you for your advice I read a lot about the parents eating them I panicked and removed them from the parents and into a fry box. They laid the eggs on sunday evening but nothing still seems to have hatched the eggs are amber in colour indicating they have been fertilized are they visible as soon as they hatch??

Yes. Amber color is good, if the eggs are not viable they will turn white. If you look at them really closely they should be vibrating at this point. They don't need to eat until they are free swimming.

There are a few white ones in amongst and most are amber. They are also vibrating now. Are the fry visible as soon as they hatch?! Thanks for your help sorry for asking so many questions lol!

Yes you can see them just fine. They are tiny, but they are the size of the egg, basically. If you look really closely, you will soon see tails on the eggs, and eventually it will be little wiggling fry with amber colored bellies. Once the bellies go down (a few more days) they will be able to swim around freely.

Back
Top Bottom