help ghost shrimp fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterashley

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whar do i feed them or will they scavange for themselves? Right now they are just floating around the fry tank not swiming unless in the way of bubbles. Is that normal? Just came hom to find them and i have never bred ghost shrimp before! Please help

Whar do i feed them or will they scavange for themselves? Right now they are just floating around the fry tank not swiming unless in the way of bubbles. Is that normal? Just came hom to find them and i have never bred ghost shrimp before! Please help

I've read other places that brine shrimp work. I was hoping for an answer to that question as well as I'm about to start breeding them.

I fed mine Hikari First Bites. You can also grind up flake food into dust and sprinkle that over them. Good luck with them.

What I do is grind up a algae wafer very fine. Then put it in a tube with warm water and shake well (you can also stir with tooth pick). After its like a paste I take the tooth pick and stick it in the tube and put a little bit in the tank. I do this about 2 to 3 times daily. It works great for me. If you would like some tubes I have some for sale cheap. I will be more than happy to make you some of the food if you would like me too.

Here is a link to a great article on ghost shrimp breeding you might like. I never set out to breed mine, they just did. I was very surprised while taking stuff out of my tank to clean when I found very tiny ghost shrimp. They have steadily increased even though I have mollies, neon tetras, snails, and blue pearl shrimp. I do have a moss "tree" in my tank that all the shrimp love. Lots of patches of moss also. Everybody in my tank is laying eggs, spawning or having babies. LOL Must be that time of the year.

Breeding ghost shrimp(Palaeomonetes patulous) - FishForums.com

What I do is grind up a algae wafer very fine. Then put it in a tube with warm water and shake well (you can also stir with tooth pick). After its like a paste I take the tooth pick and stick it in the tube and put a little bit in the tank. I do this about 2 to 3 times daily. It works great for me. If you would like some tubes I have some for sale cheap. I will be more than happy to make you some of the food if you would like me too.

You are one of my favorite members on here you are so kind and helpful! I always recommend you to people looking for snails and stuff! ^-^

Back
Top Bottom