help ghost shrimp preg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
HELP i bought two ghost shrimp today and one is carrying eggs can I put it in a 1/2 to 2 gallon aquarium without a filter on it and if you can does it help to put salt in it I read on the internet that it does.

Well, you'd need an established SW tank, BW tank and FW tank for the larvae.
All I know is that it's really hard. Plus you need to know the type of ghost shrimp.

If you can could you find out if they will only hatch in saltwater because i don't have a sw tank i only have two 10 gallon aquariums.

I had boughten 5 ghost shrimp In my freshwater tank. Then I had 6. Then 4 were pregnant. I didn't put salt in my tank. But 1 out of how many eggs is that? So he could still be correct and it might stil be somewhat true

I had boughten 5 ghost shrimp In my freshwater tank. Then I had 6. Then 4 were pregnant. I didn't put salt in my tank. But 1 out of how many eggs is that? So he could still be correct and it might stil be somewhat true

I'm a girl just so you know lol :) but i could definitely be wrong about that. I'm pretty sure i read something saying that, also that's the only reason i could imagine the other person posting about needing fw bw and sw.

Well like I said I had one baby that grew out of a ton of eggs I didn't see any others. So it might be very rare.

But yeah the bw sw fw thing could be true. I'd suggest doing research if you do want to have ghost shrimp babies.

Idk what kind I had so that also might be a factor. All I knew was they were ghost shrimp

the eggs hatch last night and there are about 11 babies in my hatchery do you know how long it takes for them to get big to put in a aquarium with big fish.

Ghost shrimp do not need saltwater to hatch their eggs. I have a very tiny baby shrimp in my tank right now. My girls are constantly berried but I didn't have any hope of getting babies because of how tiny the larvae are. They get eaten, sucked into the filter, or starve. They take almost unseeable food at first. I think mine survived this stage because I added christmas moss. I have it growing in larges sheets on a tree base. Growing my underwater tree. I was also feeding the adult shrimp the left over Hakari Fist Bites I was feeding to my molly fry. It is very fine food and the shrimp come out in droves when I add it to the tank. I think that if you put an enclosed container in the main tank and put the berried shrimp in there, add some moss or something for the larvae to hide under from too much light. Even some loose filter floss would work, then feed them very finely crushed flake food or some liquid or powder fry food, you will get a few survivors. Everything I have read about breading them says it is starvation in the aquarium that usually kills them. Plus other fish eating them. I was actually planning on trying this but I run into some problems with my fish and tank so I haven't gotten the chance. Just google breading ghost shrimp and you should get lots of info. I found several sites with info on how to try and breed them.

Here is my tree the shrimp love. This is a picture from when I first added it. It has really grown since this was taken. The shrimp look like little monkeys crawling around in it.LOL

Attachments

• 100_0190.jpg
    100_0190.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 78
Ghost shrimp do not need saltwater to hatch their eggs. I have a very tiny baby shrimp in my tank right now. My girls are constantly berried but I didn't have any hope of getting babies because of how tiny the larvae are. They get eaten, sucked into the filter, or starve. They take almost unseeable food at first. I think mine survived this stage because I added christmas moss. I have it growing in larges sheets on a tree base. Growing my underwater tree. I was also feeding the adult shrimp the left over Hakari Fist Bites I was feeding to my molly fry. It is very fine food and the shrimp come out in droves when I add it to the tank. I think that if you put an enclosed container in the main tank and put the berried shrimp in there, add some moss or something for the larvae to hide under from too much light. Even some loose filter floss would work, then feed them very finely crushed flake food or some liquid or powder fry food, you will get a few survivors. Everything I have read about breading them says it is starvation in the aquarium that usually kills them. Plus other fish eating them. I was actually planning on trying this but I run into some problems with my fish and tank so I haven't gotten the chance. Just google breading ghost shrimp and you should get lots of info. I found several sites with info on how to try and breed them.

Here is my tree the shrimp love. This is a picture from when I first added it. It has really grown since this was taken. The shrimp look like little monkeys crawling around in it.LOL

how did you make your plant.

Back
Top Bottom