HELP!!! glofish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darling04

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i have two glofish blueberry(purple) and sprite(yellow) i have been wanting to know for quite a while how do you tell the gender of a glofish and if i have a female and a male or if i have a pair of the same gender i would gladly hear from anyone who knows anything(y)(y):thanks::thanks::thanks:

Attachments

• my camara 317.jpg
    my camara 317.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 62
  • my camara 318.jpg
    my camara 318.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 68
  • my camara 319.jpg
    my camara 319.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 75
Ive nevr kept these fish before , but I'm guessing when fully matured the males are more slender and the females are rounder if looking from above. :hope I helped:

Glofish are zebra danios injected with color. They usually like a larger school than just two. And they like alot of swimming space.

+1 with the rounder thing. The rounder the fish looks it usually is females. Streamlined ones are usually male. And even with that you would have to compare a bunch to get an idea of what to look for.

what is streamlined???

oh ya i also have a 20 gallon tank if that helps:)

Bubbles0oO said:
Glofish are zebra danios injected with color. They usually like a larger school than just two. And they like alot of swimming space.

+1 with the rounder thing. The rounder the fish looks it usually is females. Streamlined ones are usually male. And even with that you would have to compare a bunch to get an idea of what to look for.

They aren't injected with anything, they are genetically modified. These fish are born like this. There is a HUGE difference

christine2012 said:
They aren't injected with anything, they are genetically modified. These fish are born like this. There is a HUGE difference

Ah , gotcha. Thanks for correcting me ^_^

Back
Top Bottom