help! hints and tips needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stacey and jason

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a very pregnant squared off molly and 2 pregnant guppies all looking due and squared off, i really dont want them to die holding on to their fry which i heard can happen sometimes, is there anything i can do to help them along safely????

Keep them from being stressed and keep the water clean. I'll assume you have places for them to hide? Like plants, logs etc? Don't try to catch the females to put them in a breeder net. The breeder nets can stress them out as can the act of catching them to put them in one. When any of our female live bearers are ready to pop, we just leave them alone.

I would leave them alone. You can try to catch the fry after if you want them to live.

yaayyyyy woke up to a batch of fry in each tank this morning! (2 batches)
well we could only find about 7 in one and about 10 in the other - theyre SO cute! ill try and get pics up but theyre hard to take photos of!

still got a few heaviliy pregnant fish too!!!

yaayyyyy woke up to a batch of fry in each tank this morning! (2 batches)
well we could only find about 7 in one and about 10 in the other - theyre SO cute! ill try and get pics up but theyre hard to take photos of!

still got a few heaviliy pregnant fish too!!!

Congrats! Now I'm playing the waiting game with my guppy:rolleyes:

i have just bought 4 females to dance with my 3 male guppies and they are clearly all up the duff!! the waiting for fry is killing me, especially as i dont know who the fathers are or what strain of guppy will emerge :S

Back
Top Bottom