Help identifying these please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave88

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello

Just found these on my fry tank.
Not sure if it's eggs or some random algae thing?

The photos aren't the best but it's like a load of small clearish balls in one big ball! All I have in there are 7 Molly fry, 4 RCS and a ra horn snail.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399397620.357456.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399397638.611526.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399397646.937261.jpg

It's stuck to the glass next to the snail in the pic.

Any ideas??

Just found several other patches and snails not leaving the area so I'm guessing they are. Thanku

In case you care....you will end up with hundreds of snails in no time, they will take over your tank if you don't have something to eat them

Well I only have one snail in there so will they need to be fertilised before? Unless she had a one night stand that took off somewhere lol

When you have more than one ramshorn snail they will mate and exchange genes with others of their species. Pond snails do this as well. It's just that they don't have to in order to reproduce.

Fair enough I shall have to cull some then as it's spawning eggs everywhere atm. Maybe my clown loaches may like them as a snack

Yeah I put some snails in my tank and I started getting those EVERYWHERE! It got annoying but I'm sure it's nutritious for your fish!

Back
Top Bottom