Help! New cichlid babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

differenter2000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sooo my peacock just had babies (I have them in a breeder net right now because I don't have another tank, and I don't want them to be eaten. I have about 20 of them and I want to know what to feed them, how often to clean the breeder net, how to clean the breeder net, how long will it take for them to grow. The female is some kind of black peacock and the male is an OB. I'll post pics of the babies and the male but I don't have any pics of the female. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457820769.723352.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457820809.271193.jpg

You could feed them newly hatched brine shrimp along with anything with algae on it. (my fry menu) I clean breeding boxes/nets just with some airline tubing. Put one end of the airline into the breeder box and breathe in deeply in the other end that with creat a siphon and you can use the airline tubing as a cleaner siphon!

Hope this Helps!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You could feed them newly hatched brine shrimp along with anything with algae on it. (my fry menu) I clean breeding boxes/nets just with some airline tubing. Put one end of the airline into the breeder box and breathe in deeply in the other end that with creat a siphon and you can use the airline tubing as a cleaner siphon!

Hope this Helps!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks soooo much!!! The airline tubing idea really helps.

Back
Top Bottom