HELP!!! new tank setup for betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryanmc1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i have setup a new tank for breeding only... its a 15 gal tank... new water, clean tank, everything is setup as new with no fish to begin with....

the ammonia is tested and is at 0.25 - 0.5
the nitrite is tested and is at 0.1
the ph is tested and is at 7.8

is there going to be a problem if i add the betta's into the tank now and start breeding them? or will the betta's get sick or will the frys die when they are born? let me know if what i have the ammonia, nitrite, or ph at right now any good or bad to start breeding my betta's or the frys

the tank is no cycle and i do not have any other tanks setup right now....

I think it still needs to be cycled before you put fish in there. You could fishless cycle it first (see the guide in my signature: new empty tank). Do you have another established tank? If so you could take a small amount of filter media from your other tank if you can spare it to help seed the new one. How is there ammonia and nitrite in the new tank? Are you using a liquid test or test strips?

i am using liquid test and there is ammonia and nitrite in the tank ... it's listing above :facepalm: but is a small amount nothing to big but i'm not sure if my new borns can live in that if i do breed my betta's in it...

Back
Top Bottom