Help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed my swordtail was acting a bit funny and suddenly looked thinner.. She's giving birth and one is stuck, at least I think that's what it is, she's been stuck for about 2 hours now, is this normal? She does not look good at all I'm worried she isn't going to make it :(

image-3100081826.jpg

image-2775506599.jpg

image-1003891906.jpg

Can someone help please I don't know what to do for her :(. It doesn't seem to be moving at all

Thanks

I noticed my swordtail was acting a bit funny and suddenly looked thinner.. She's giving birth and one is stuck, at least I think that's what it is, she's been stuck for about 2 hours now, is this normal? She does not look good at all I'm worried she isn't going to make it :(

View attachment 139478

View attachment 139479

View attachment 139480

Can someone help please I don't know what to do for her :(. It doesn't seem to be moving at all

Thanks
Hi Ursi, it's a little bit hard to tell from the photo whether it is a fry that's stuck..If it was me(and you don't get anymore advice from others) and if it hasn't passed in the next hour or so, i would just put your hand in the breeder box and scare her. I know it sounds strange but the shock might make her pass the fry. The same thing happened to my mollie(also a live-bearer) recently. When it happened to my mollie, it was a still born fry..As i said before, this might not be the 'correct' thing to do, it worked for me!!.....Ian

She managed to get it out in the end. It was a stillborn, when I noticed it I put her in a breeding box so she could try to lose it without being harrassed, she was ok after and I let her back out as she jumps otherwise, she's ok and back to normal thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom