Help with betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dont know what to do about my male. They are spawning now and she is releasing tons of eggs but after she releases them he doesnt go down and pick them up. He just nuges her untill she "wakes up" again for some more but never picks up the eggs. What should I do when they are done?:huh:

It's all talk no action here nobody really knows how to breed Bettas

EMD1 said:

I heard some people on here breed bettas and talked about their bubble nest. I don't know to much about this just by reading here and there.

Do you breed bettas?

It's not that no one really knows how, it's not some sort of magic, it's just a matter of knowing what we are talking about.

There aren't many people that breed bettas in general. Betta breeding is a bit more complicated than breeding other fish, and for the amount of work involved their isn't much of a market for them because of their availability. That's why most betta breeding is done overseas.

I've never bred bettas, but I have bred paradisefish which are in the anabantid family. That said, I really don't have an educated answer on why the male isn't doing his job.

Honestly, I'd rather see a question go unanswered than people responding with no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry for.my late response didnt see the post earlier. Regarding what to do.... You do nothing.. The eggs will hatch ... That is if they didnt get fungesd of course. And dont worry... May this is the.first time yr male is sapawing abd he simply.inexperienced and dont know what to do. Try him againe couple of times...I would say he.might get it right after all

Back
Top Bottom