Help with bronze cory fry!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janbo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I have 4 bronze corys in my 95l community tank. All very happy, so happy that they lay eggs about once a fortnight. Anyway the last time they did I rescued about 20 eggs and put them in a tuperware box floating on the top of my tank as my fry tank.

Now all eggs have hatched and the fry are swimming about I just want to check with more experienced members if what I've been doing is right

Anyway I've added a small plant to the fry tank, and I put a straw on the end of an air pump which is also in there to add oxygen . Finally I added some bacteria (filter media) from an old filter to the fry tank

I havent got access to baby brine shrimp so I've been crushing catfish pellets up and occasionally frozen bloodworm to feed them, they are definitely growing but I'm worried I'm not feeding them enough or too much !

I give them about 5 pellets /5bloodworms twice a day and do a 50%water change twice a day also

So how does this sound? Will they continue to grow if I keep this up or do I need to be careful about a hidden danger I don't know about ?

Any advise of what works from other fish keepers appreciated

(oh and I have a second tank with 3 small panda corys in which I can transfer them to when they are bigger - if they make it!)

I don't think any1 is experienced with breeding cories, well never heard of any1. I might be wrong though. Well done on the fry. Hope they live

If you are keeping them alive and they are growing, you must be doing something right. I would suggest you get a microworm culture. While not as good as BBS, it is a good substitute, is easy to culture, and once you have the original culture, easy to keep going. Lots of people have bred corys. The plant was a good idea as the fry can graze micro organisms from it. I would suggest you get another tank to raise them further, perhaps a 10 gal. the secret to raising any fry, besides feeding them is to keep the water clean. Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom