help with surprise fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanyalewis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I have 3 sunburst fish and noticed in my tank I have 4 baby fish in my tank I have 4 angel fish as well and noticed a angel fish chasing my baby sunburst that's how I found out I even had baby ones didn't know one of the fish laid eggs or ne thing just seen a angel fish chasing it around...I have no clue wat to do I moved all the babys in a seperate tank b.c I don't want them to get eaten do they need a filtering system or wat?

tanyalewis said:
Ok I have 3 sunburst fish and noticed in my tank I have 4 baby fish in my tank I have 4 angel fish as well and noticed a angel fish chasing my baby sunburst that's how I found out I even had baby ones didn't know one of the fish laid eggs or ne thing just seen a angel fish chasing it around...I have no clue wat to do I moved all the babys in a seperate tank b.c I don't want them to get eaten do they need a filtering system or wat?

I would get a breeder net

tanyalewis said:

Hi and welcome! Are you talking about sunburst platys? Platys are live bearers which means they have live fry (babies) not lay eggs. With fry you need to keep them in very clean fresh water and feed them regularly. Very finely crushed flake food 3-5 times a day will be enough for them. As the others said, buy a breeder box/fry saver to keep them in in the main tank. What other stock do you have in the tank and what size is it?

abrahamavelar said:
and are they alive still cuz angels are carnivorous and might eat them

That's is the unfortunate thing. The angels and the platys will eat the fry if they can catch them. If you provide them with lots of cover (plants fake or live) a few might make it in the main tank.

but what i would doif i was u ill catch them with a net and if u have 2 nets catch as many as u cant/want and leave them in the net over the tank si they still get water untill u get the breeders net/box

Back
Top Bottom