Help With Tiny Molly Fry Runts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
As a lot of you on here know I have Molly Mania going on at my house. :)
The majority of my various stages of Molly fry/juvenile are doing well in a 20g L and a 10g newborn tank.
They are 11 & 13 weeks old, the majority of my females are heavily pregnant and some have given birth already...
My question is... What about the tiny runts who don't seem to grow very much? There are a few that are still SO tiny... They are 1/4- 1/2" long while their siblings are 1- 1/4"... These runts have their color as well as their natural color progression... ( starting out with a few spots and getting their white and filling in darker on the tops of them... -- half my Dalmatians are primarily black with white patches/spots underneath and half are white with a few black spots) my creamsicle runts have their full orange color in..
They are SO tiny! Everyones eating well.. What do I do with them? Will they ever reach their adult size? Are they healthy or the weaker ones that would have naturally been picked off by the adults if I'd left them in main tank and not put in their own tank at birth?
In comparison I have 5 wk olds in the nursery tank from same creamsicle mother who already 1/2"! I know every fish is different, but wow...

Any suggestions? What should I do?

I just had to move about 5 of these little runts cause they were being picked on by the bigger fish... One was nipped on both the tail fin and top fin... Is so sad poor little thing... I'm surprised it can swim okay... But it's eating and swimming happily in my newborn tank, so that's good I guess. They're the same size as the fry in newborn tank.. Hmm

Back
Top Bottom