Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here are my new residents - Baby Angelfish Fry

Well, I'm just excited about recently getting free-swimming baby angelfish in one of my tanks and have wigglers from another pair too! Had never bred fish before and had previously lost 3 spawns, two due to the eggs going bad, the last was all my fault, so I'm quite happy that these little guys are eating well and doing well overall. Hopefully I can keep it up and raise at least some of them to adulthood.

Okay, here are some pics

MobileMe Gallery

And a video of the little fry swimming after filling up on bbs:

YouTube - Angelfish fry

Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aww, they are so cute! I have two angel fry. I got them from the lfs Penny sized and have had them for 3 months and if I had a bigger tank I would love to go back and get.more and try and get them to pair off. Your little guys are adorable, I love the picture of the parents watching the fry through the glass.

GuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey, thanks! I know, I love the little guys to death. They are little pigs the way the eat their baby brine shrimp.

I do too like the parents keeping such a close eye on their babies. I have a friend who really gives me an earful about not letting the fry loose in the tank with the parents. They are really good parents too, they don't eat their eggs or anything. I put them in the jar because the parents had put the wigglers on the bottom of the tank and I was afraid they would die as they were sticking to poop, uneaten food, etc.

The other reason is that this way they find their food very easily and I know for sure they won't be getting into any trouble like finding their way into a filter or anything like that...

Tags
angel, angelfish, baby, fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com