Hey Check Out My DIY Guppy Breeder Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is brilliant!!
oh my lord how had i not thought of that before. you are now my new friend :D xxxxx

how many fry do u have and what do you do with them?x

Well done! I have a homemade breeders trap but it didn't work out nicely they just went right through the holes. Above I want to know what's in the tank too!

that is brilliant!!
oh my lord how had i not thought of that before. you are now my new friend :D xxxxx

how many fry do u have and what do you do with them?x

Hey, so I have about 60ish fry.
This is my first batch, meaning my first generation so I haven't really decided what to do with them (I don't know if I can find somebody to buy them from me or take them for free haha).
The biggest ones you see are the oldest (in the left most container).

Thanks for the compliment too :)

Well done! I have a homemade breeders trap but it didn't work out nicely they just went right through the holes. Above I want to know what's in the tank too!

It's just guppies for now :)
I'm thinking of putting in a pleco too.
The grass at the top is giant hair grass, the plants inside the breeder are newly pruned anacharis (cut off the new growing buds), the ones inside the smaller breeder boxes are the aquatic banana plants, and at the bottom of my tank I have driftwood with some anacharis growing on it.

Thanks for the compliment bud :)

My advice would be to poke the holes into the container, so the plastic is pointing inwards, that way the fry can't squeeze through.

The holes were made with a knife (I drilled in a little bit) and then I pushed a toothpick through each puncture, so the hole was as big as the circumference of a tooth pick :)

So far no escapes lol

what pleco? i have an l-83 and i adore it! even though it is strangely fat and likes to suck on (and pick fights with) my larger oscar lol. xx

MC1973 said:
It's just guppies for now :)
I'm thinking of putting in a pleco too.
The grass at the top is giant hair grass, the plants inside the breeder are newly pruned anacharis (cut off the new growing buds), the ones inside the smaller breeder boxes are the aquatic banana plants, and at the bottom of my tank I have driftwood with some anacharis growing on it.

Thanks for the compliment bud :)

My advice would be to poke the holes into the container, so the plastic is pointing inwards, that way the fry can't squeeze through.

The holes were made with a knife (I drilled in a little bit) and then I pushed a toothpick through each puncture, so the hole was as big as the circumference of a tooth pick :)

So far no escapes lol

I will copy your idea! Maybe a bristlenose pleco would look good they dont get too big.

Wow, I will be doing this asap!

Haha awesome, it's nice because milk cartons have the lining so you can just cut it straight. I noticed that for some cartons they're more flimsy plastic than others (haha yes I know it sounds stupid but it's true).

I've had good luck with viva milk. Western family is really flimsy so you have to have a lot of support. Costco's Kirkland was good too.

For one of them I poked holes in the side and pushed suction cups through to keep it stuck onto the side of the tank.

what pleco? i have an l-83 and i adore it! even though it is strangely fat and likes to suck on (and pick fights with) my larger oscar lol. xx

I would probably put a common pleco in there for a while and then maybe transfer it over. I would probably try a bristle nose maybe since they don't get that big. Rubbernose Plecos are kind of ugly though haha

Back
Top Bottom