Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b57378

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will some of my fry naturally die like survival of
The fittest?

I agree with the above. If you are using a breeder or different tank make sure the water quality is good. Some of the breeder traps limit water flow and the water in them can get very bad due to waste and excess food. I use a 10gal strip tank and siphon the bottom daily using airline. I also have a seasoned sponge filter in the tank. Water, fish, sponge and air.

You did not say what type of fish you were working with either. Some egg layers produce so many fry that there is always a natural die off unless you use larger rearing tanks and seperate fry based on size within the first few weeks. I have found this to be true with bettas, gouramis and some of the tetras. I use live food for all my fish, especially fry. Green water followed by micro worms is usually my methond with most egg layers execpt cichlids. The bottom line is with so many mouths to feed larger fry out compete smaller weaker fry and if you don't intervene nature will do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom