Holding electric yellow-what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rochelle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my electric yellows is definitely holding. Today is the first time I've seen it, because I noticed she was hiding still while I was feeding. I am wondering how long I might expect to have before she releases the fry?? I never saw eggs or spawning behaviors, but her jaw is protruding. Also, would like input on how to save these babies... Thanks!!

image-3814502350.jpg

Should I remove her? Get a breeding net/floating box? Give more hiding spaces and let her be? She shares the tank with 2 other electric yellows, 2 red zebras, 1 elongatus and 1 fryeri... Also a Pleco.

i've got the same problem.
what do i do? should i remove her into a floating box and just wait for her to spit them out or should i milk her??? please help for this is the first time for me. she also shares the tank with 6 other yellow's 3 orange heads 2 altum angels 1 green horseface 1blue acara and i know they will eat em rite up and i realy want to keep them all

Get her more places to hide but leave her there. When you see her taking in small pieces of food, if you're up to it, wait two weeks and then strip her. mostly just be patient

ok thank you will do mate..
she is still eating realy fine pieces of flake but wont go neer the bigger stuff and also i can start to see black under her jaw what dose this mean?

Back
Top Bottom