How can I tell if my angelfish are pregnant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverickuk79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 5 angelfish and the one in the pic looks pregnant to me can anyone help on this and what do I need to do to help?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120806_001048.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120806_001048.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 408
Just to clarify...

Just so we are on the same page, ;) Angelfish are egglayers so they will never be pregnant. Only the livebearing fishes such as Guppies, Mollies, Swords, and Platies for example can be pregnant.
Angelfish can be "gravid" which means that they are holding eggs.

If you have no intention on breeding these fish, you need to do nothing. A female Angelfish can carry eggs her entire adult life and never spawn.

What you do have to watch out for is if this rounded appearance is from bloat. If your fish is eating and pooping on a regular basis, it does not have bloat.

Hope this helps...(y)

Andy Sager said:
Just so we are on the same page, ;) Angelfish are egglayers so they will never be pregnant. Only the livebearing fishes such as Guppies, Mollies, Swords, and Platies for example can be pregnant.
Angelfish can be "gravid" which means that they are holding eggs.

If you have no intention on breeding these fish, you need to do nothing. A female Angelfish can carry eggs her entire adult life and never spawn.

What you do have to watch out for is if this rounded appearance is from bloat. If your fish is eating and pooping on a regular basis, it does not have bloat.

Hope this helps...(y)

Do you know if Ranbows get pregnant? Sorry for ask in your tread .......

Back
Top Bottom