How did 22 platy fry die....overnight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xdarkfaith

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday, my 22 platy fry were still healthy, swimming aroud happily. Today , when i woke up, all of them were on the bottom of the tank dead, they were pale white... Why?....

What is your tank size, temp and is your tank cycled? Did you test your water to see if there was a spike to anything? How old we're the fry? How often did u feed them?

Xdarkfaith said:
Yesterday, my 22 platy fry were still healthy, swimming aroud happily. Today , when i woke up, all of them were on the bottom of the tank dead, they were pale white... Why?....

I've lost fry because they didn't have enough flow and also because of planaria, mostly a combination of both. Get a HOB and position your breeder net or trap directly in the flow. Be sure to have a lid with lots of holes in it. If you have a separate fry tank, get something with VERY high flow rated for 2-4 times the tank volume

Ive put them in a 3gallon tank with temperature of 28degree.feed them once a day.. I use a filter with not enough suction or flow to disrupt tem..

Oh you aren't feeding nearly enough. What r you feeding them?

Fry need crushed flakes or first bites about every 3 hours or so as long as none of the food is being left behind. And 3 gal is small.

Well i crushed those ballish fish foods into powder form and fed them, but when i fed them they didnt seem to be eating a lot?

Best thing to do is dip the end of a toothpick in the tank water and then into the crushed food and then flick a light dusting of that into your tank and watch them eat and do this every 3 ish hours as long as they are eating it.

Back
Top Bottom