How do i know they are ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommy put

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought some Molly's and guppies this weekend, and 1 Molly and 1 guppy are pregnant. I have never tried to intervene with the pregnant live bearers before, I didn't know what to do. So the woman at the store told me just put them in the "2 in 1 floating hatchery" and the fry would drop to the bottom where they would not get eaten and then I could take the moms out. That was Saturday, and still no fry! I can't stand watching the moms in that tiny space any longer, maybe they aren't ready yet? But the guppy looks huge and I can see all the little fry eyeballs back there. The Molly is black to begin with so I can't tell. Are there any other behaviors I should watch for to separate the, before its too late? And will the fry really grow in that little floating space or should inset up a little nursery tank? Thanks so much for any advice!

Their bottom of their belly becomes square shaped when their close to giving birth

Back
Top Bottom