How do ottos breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need info on Otto cats, from how often they breed, to how much offspring they have, and how to raise the young, and everything in between! And the most important question! Are they live bearers or egg layers? :)

In a minute I will upload my articles on breeding otos. :)I have 4 and got a few eggs but I didn't save them .. :(
Here it is
BREEDING OTOCINCLUS

Breeding tank size: ten gallons
Number of Ottos : 3 1F 2M
Tank temperature: 25 c

Conditioning: to condition Ottos you will need a tank which has algae . Supplement their diet with blanched spinach or zucchini. Driftwood carries algae and is therefore a good decor for a breeding setup. They are herbivorous but I have been able to feed mine frozen bloodworms. The female will develop a rounder stomach due to being filled with eggs, whereas the males will remain streamlined.

Breeding :
Spawning is triggered by water changes using water that is a few degrees cooler than that temperature of the water in the tank. Like cory catfish the Ottos form a T shape. Not much more is known on breeding because it is accidental .

Back
Top Bottom