How do you know your Molly is ready to give birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skang808

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do you if your Molly is ready to give birth the guy that I got it from said that it'll give birth in a day or two how do you when she'll give birth

Her stomach will kind of have a box shape. Feed her high protein foods also. Feeding Bloodworms usually makes my mollies guve birth for some reason

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What if I feed her regular worms in the ground I used to give my old fish that and she absolutely loved it but will the Molly eat it too

Yeah i heard people doing that and even feeding there fish flies. Im not sure if that can risk a disease in your fish tank. Frozen bloodworms are cheap and in most pet shops and are definitely safe for your molly.

Ok thank you.
When your Molly is ready to give birth will she hide by the plastic plants? What are the signs?

Mine seem to always give birth during the night so i dont see them. But i know sometimes they will go to a corner of the tank or somewhere in the tank away from other fish before giving birth. Some also wiggle when giving birth

she may hover over heater if you want the fry put her in her own tank with dense plants, or plant her current tank well, pictures would help.

Back
Top Bottom