How far along are these mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agaul23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got these few Mollys today, 6 female and a male, all the females have very large bellies and I'm just wondering how much longer till they will giv birth? Will the "square off" like a guppy?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400406027.591882.jpg

Oh right haha, there so cute, look like little chickens roosting. As it turned out one had 8 fry the other night. A lot easier to spot them than the guppy fry. I've moved them to my fry tank now.

Balloon molly are next to impossible to guess for me. I do watch for the "o" shape of the female's hole. I also look for cornered behavior, rapid up & down swimming, excessive hiding, and/or squaring. Usually I'm within 72 hours of birth so fairly decent but not spot on as I am with the guppy, regular molly, and platy.

I have just purchased 4 Molly's today (1male 3females) and I have 2 pregnant females. One orange and black and one Dalmatian. But like yourself I have no idea when to expect the babies. This is a new aquarium and these are the first fish in it..

Just had my fish clutch of babies.... Got about 15-20 but a fair few have been eaten.... Natural selection and all that. In the process of getting a nursery.

I got 6 female n a male. So far 3 have given birth, I got to c two of them giv birth, about 7 or 8 I collected each time n another 3 today I found hiding in my plants. I hav them all in my fry tank now, guppies n mollies together. I tink the "O" shaped bum hole is a good one haha, I had noticed that wit the ones who had the fry, but I just thought, hmm they hav quite rounded *******s, very noticeable being white on a black body haha.

Balloon molly are next to impossible to guess for me. I do watch for the "o" shape of the female's hole. I also look for cornered behavior, rapid up & down swimming, excessive hiding, and/or squaring. Usually I'm within 72 hours of birth so fairly decent but not spot on as I am with the guppy, regular molly, and platy.

I have normal mollies and I have the up and down swimming, and the corner behaviour with one but really hard to spot the 'o' due to be a Dalmatian lol...

Back
Top Bottom