How far along in pregnancy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
View attachment 52899

My new Creamsicle Lyretail, Suki .... Can anyone guess how far along she is? She's smaller than my Dalmatian Mollies...Just younger... Can anyone guess how far along in pregnancy and how old she is by size?? :) thanks

I had a Dalmatian Molly just like that!!! She states huge for 2 months, I did tons and tons of research for her. And low and behold, she never had a single fry.
She could be just FAT

Also, can you see little eyes on her belly and can you see her gravid spot?

ocminpin said:
Whoops... To continue...
Her spot looks open... Like a tip of a pen could fit in it... LOL, Eh..

That's pretty big!!! I think you should move her or put her in a breeding trap or something unless you dont wanna keep the fry?

I have 2 batches of Dalmatian Molly fry in my 10 gallon... To birth last batch I put female in fry tank and watched her a bit to be sure she wasn't going to eat the already week old babies... She didn't.. And in 3 days had hers... Then back in the main tank she went.. Thinking to move her In there and Watch with existing babies...
Think Shes that close, do you?

ocminpin said:
I have 2 batches of Dalmatian Molly fry in my 10 gallon... To birth last batch I put female in fry tank and watched her a bit to be sure she wasn't going to eat the already week old babies... She didn't.. And in 3 days had hers... Then back in the main tank she went.. Thinking to move her In there and Watch with existing babies...
Think Shes that close, do you?

Yes I do believe she is pretty close
I would move her

View attachment 53105

YOU WERE RIGHT! Came in this morning and she was thinner... Looked for a surviver and couldn't see any till I found little eyes hiding out in my plant... Got him out and then saw another... And another... And realized she was spitting them out as I fished out others... Moved her into fry tank and 30 seconds later she popped out 5 at once... In total were able to save about 10 out of main tank and 7-10 were born in fry tank.. :) there's one who has an orange body and gray tail... Will it turn out orange and black? How cute!

Back
Top Bottom