How far along is my guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveforplaties

Aquarium Advice Regular
She's huge and I was just wondering. When I could get ready for some fry ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405299387.110212.jpg
She is the one on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Guppy

She's huge and I was just wondering. When I could get ready for some fry View attachment 243083
She is the one on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello love...

Livebearing fish can hold off on birthing until they feel conditions are right for survival of the fry. The best thing to do, is change out half the tank water every few days if you have a smaller tank, say under 30 gallons. Make the new, treated tap water a bit warmer than what's already in the tank.

A little added heat and a flush of pure water, is generally enough for the female to release her fry. At this point, you need to maintain pure water conditions and feed all the fish a little more often. Well fed adult livebearers are seldom interested in the fry.

One other thing. Tanks should have a lot of floating plants in them. Hornwort is a good one. Makes good hiding places for the fry.

B

Back
Top Bottom