how far along is my pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mojo3251

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought her pregnant so i dont know how far along she is. im new to breeding guppies.. i was also wondering how long before i put her in the breeder box?

Attachments

• DSCN0228.jpg
    DSCN0228.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN0229.jpg
    DSCN0229.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 246
Not as far as you think from the pictures she doesn't look as boxy and fat as my girls so I would put her in a fry trap. Do you own a further tank if so really try to fill it with plants fake and real stones bridges gravel is optional this is a better and less stressful was of your guppy giving birth I use this method my self. Also use a weak filter or put on one minimum pregnant guppies enjoy slow moving water a heater I believe is not necessary is shortens the life span of guppies
Hope this helped

It's impossible to tell but my best guess would be 1 week

Just to let you know In my guppy fry tank I have 3 adult endler guppies with them I don't know why I just like the fact that endlers seem to leave some food behind for the fry, also the endlers are very friendly and can't eat the fry either

Thank you very much!! But one more question, if I had to put her in the cage, when should I do that?

Ps: I've had one batch in my guppy tank and they ate all but one..

Well...This could lead to premature births if put in the breeding box too early I would try to do it as late as possible eg. When you begin to see a slight bulge just behind the gravid spot this is the latest I would leave it in less that 7 days she could start pooping them out !

Send me a picture of the trap and I'll give u an instant answer

Well she likes to hang out at the bottom but so do all of my guppies but when I put food in the tank she goes right to the top..

Ok...I'd put her in in three days, show me the pic of the babies = D good luck

Here's the box but it dosnt have the divider in it.

Attachments

• image-1144387389.png
    image-1144387389.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 570
Feel free to message or post when ever you need help

If you don't have a solid placement for the fish and your in the UK I'll be ok for a few

You helped me a ton!! I'll be sure to send you pic of the fry!! = )

Watching fry grow up is so amazing colour development sexual development is truly fantastic and personalities within the fish is great

Back
Top Bottom