how long can I keep 4 baby plecos in a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
My bristlenose plecos had babies. I have 9 that are roughly 2-3 months old and are about 1/2" in size.

I had them all in a breeder trap but decided to try 4 of them in my 10 gallon. It's easier to keep an eye on them and I don't have to worry about anything trying to eat them, as I only have a betta and some neons tetras in the tank.

What I want to know is how long can they stay in the tank before I move them into my 55 gallon to grow some more before I sell them. They need to be at least 2" before I sell them

Baby Bristlenoses grow really slow. I think it will take close to 6 months to get them to 2 inches. They could stay in the 10 most of that time if there is nothing else to put them in.

Baby Bristlenoses grow really slow. I think it will take close to 6 months to get them to 2 inches. They could stay in the 10 most of that time if there is nothing else to put them in.
I have a 55 gallon I eventually want to move them all to before I sell them. But I don't want to yet because I'm worried my striped Raphael catfish will eat them.

I saw a video on YouTube once where a guy had a big rubber tub that didn't have very high sides to grow out his bn, it had driftwood and plants anchored to rock everywhere, worked really well

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom