How long do molly stay pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posto

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all new member nice to meet u all. I am new to molly fish and I have a female who I believe is pregnant from when I could notice a little belly till now is 40 days just abit concerned as this is my first fish that has became pregnant any tips or advice would be lovely thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-113908_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-113908_Gallery.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 23
Do you know what type of Molly it is? Balloon Mollies just naturally look like that sometimes. Can you see if she has a black dot near the tail end of the belly? Or is she too dark? Also, Mollies can be pregnant for anywhere from 20 to 70 days.

She isn't a balloon molly and to dark this is size different this was her 40 days ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-123700_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-123700_Gallery.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 38
I wouldn't be worried about her quite yet. Maybe give her 10 or 15 more days. Keeping the water warmer and feeding them high protein food, either frozen, freeze dried or live can encourage spawning.

Just warning you, Mollies and pretty much any other fish like to eat the fry so if you want to give them a better chance of survival, either take the momma out into a seperate tank while she is giving birth or scoop out the fry and put them in a seperate tank to protect them. Good Luck! :fish2:

Thanks yer they had frozen worms today as a every 2 day treat and she is in a breeder's net in the main tank and rite next to the heat tanks at about 25c

And I've notice she has a with looking spot just under her analysis fin and use to go up top for food now waits for it to sink

Hi all new member nice to meet u all. I am new to molly fish and I have a female who I believe is pregnant from when I could notice a little belly till now is 40 days just abit concerned as this is my first fish that has became pregnant any tips or advice would be lovely thanks

Most mollies have a gestation period between 6-8 weeks. So, longer than a guppy, platy or even swordtail.

Back
Top Bottom