HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiFishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
:D Hello everybody!

Its been a long time since my last post, this one is more of a happy one than of a problem...; my corydonas aeneus ( bronze Corys) have had a baby... so far its getting big and seems save from my zebra danios. My question is for my guppy... of 4 guppies that I bought from my lfs only one female survived and has given birth to two guppies.

Here is the question (s): how long does it take baby guppies to grow to a safe size that my zebras or plecos won't find them appetizing little snacks?

Should I feed them special foods to aid in the growth?

should maybe move them out of the 55 gal tank to a 2.5 gal i have empty?

and .... one more thing, well..two or three more: how many live fry do guppies give birth to at one time???? and how often do corys lay eggs??? and last... what is the incubation period for cory eggs to go from egg to fry???

That's all folks...will post pic in a few days.. Thank you all again

Well maybe not as happy as you think. Do your Danios seem fat? Guppies have like 100 babies. Only 2 are left!

They are safe with the plecos, but they must not be with the danios. The babies will do just fine with crushed flake food.

Sorry I can't help you with the Corys.

Thank you TwoHobbies,

I have been feeding the guppies fry with crushed micro-pellets? and flake food... so thank God I got that one right!

One little think intrigues me, how can my little guppy have 100 of fry?, besides she been less than 2 inches long I thought they gave birth two live babies, how can all fit in her??? The fry I have are about 1/4 of an inch long...
did my danios eat soo many????!!!!

Back
Top Bottom