How Long til Platy Birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starka said:
Oh that's right you have gravel, all those cracks and crevices. How is Cookie holding up?

She's doing well... Going between hunkered down to swimming around.... She's still dark inside, so hoping she'll pop a few more out... She's in barebottom 10g now with plants, heater and airstone.

emerald76 said:
Yay! Go Cookie!
So how many so far?

I have 6 in a separate container so far. All of them are flitting and jumping around... Swimming into the walls... And then rest at bottom :)
This seems to be a healthier batch... I'm happy.

How are you catching them? I've been chasing a fry for a day now and can't get him!! It's driving me nuts! Also where do your platies (& guppies) give birth? The community tank? Or do you have them alone?

I'm still figuring out all of this stuff and i think my platy is pregnant again. I have 2 platy fry that are about 3 weeks old. :)

Oh, and i love your fry!! So cute! I just love watching the little babies, they're just so stinkin' cute!

RaygunK said:
How are you catching them? I've been chasing a fry for a day now and can't get him!! It's driving me nuts! Also where do your platies (& guppies) give birth? The community tank? Or do you have them alone?

I'm still figuring out all of this stuff and i think my platy is pregnant again. I have 2 platy fry that are about 3 weeks old. :)

I use a small net to scoop them up with... Sometimes need to nudge them or sweep net across water near them to get them to sweep up and catch em.
Usually born in community tank... Or I move mom to her own 10g to birth in...

ok, sweep net across water near gravel? i have so much in the way, (plenty of hiding for my fry), that this should be interesting....lol

ocminpin said:
12 :) they're soooo cute with their little red yolk sacs attached still...

Aww cute little guys. The top one in the pic looks like he is swimming upside down, but I'm sure that's a reflection. ;)

She's had no more since I put her in 10g so I think I'll put her back in her home... A few of the other fish in there have dark poo, so evidence she had more and they were eaten....

So far.. 12 appearing healthy babies! :)

ocminpin said:
She's had no more since I put her in 10g so I think I'll put her back in her home... A few of the other fish in there have dark poo, so evidence she had more and they were eaten....

So far.. 12 appearing healthy babies! :)

That's awesome!! Way to go cookie and you too!!

Yay! I caught it!! Your method worked! Thanks!

Now i'm trying to figure out if it's a guppy or a platy.

Yeah, I stuck him on another thread too. I think guppy also. I put him in my net with 3.5 week old platies, do you think that's ok? I won't hijack your thread anymore. ;)

Back
Top Bottom