How many females should I get for my four male guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do a 3-1 ratio, i have 2 males and 6 females, seems to spread the sexual frustration quite well.

I agree with Trooper. I would do 2-3 females per male. I prefer 3. There are definitely some very pretty females available out there.

Guppies

Do you know

Hello again tjm...

You don't need male Guppies, just females. The females are raised with the males, so they're pregnant from the start. Once they have the fry, you'll have plenty of males.

If you've already bought the males, then get as many females as the tank will support. The higher the ratio of females to males, the better.

B

I agree with the three females to one male ratio, But it depends on how big your tank is.

Hello again tjm...

You don't need male Guppies, just females. The females are raised with the males, so they're pregnant from the start. Once they have the fry, you'll have plenty of males.

If you've already bought the males, then get as many females as the tank will support. The higher the ratio of females to males, the better.

B

+1 from me. Great.

I did get 2 youngsters last week that weren't pregnant... That didn't last :( my males are beasts haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom