How to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarluva

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do you breed rosy red minnows? I'm planning to have a 10 gallon tank with them breeding in there I will have a heater and a filter and an air pump and a hood. Also gravel and plants and 1 small castle. What's the temperature supposed to be. How should I set up. How many in the aquarium. what else's do I have to do besides feed them and maintain the aquarium. I can also make caves and stuff.

Attachments

• image-995747749.jpg
    image-995747749.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2235327733.jpg
    image-2235327733.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 102
Rosy reds don't need a heater, but you'd likely need a larger tank than 10 gallons. Even if they do spawn in such a small tank the fry will overcrowd it very quickly.

I'm going to give them away. How do I have to setup the tank

Rosy red males like some sort of cave or similar shelter. Sand substrate and good filtration should be all you need.

Oscarluva said:
I'm going to give them away. How do I have to setup the tank

Even if you give them away you cant have enough of them in a ten gallon to breed. I breed mine in a 50 gal circle above ground pond.

i have some as feeders for my cray,and they bred once that i have seen. the fry were all eaten though because there wasnt anything for them to hide in. i never did anything special,the tank was at 75 degrees and i fed tetramin flakes(no longer using) and HBH shrimp pellets

Back
Top Bottom