How to breed Cherry Red shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Male + Female = 1,000 babbies in less then 3 weeks.....

After my first attempt in my community tank I bought some new shrimp for my first run shrimp tank. I bought 15 of them to start, I think 17survived the shipping and acclimation to my tank (weird huh? - shipper sent 20 i think).

For anyone trying to breed them, my experience so far is that the shirmp are generally more active in warmer water (I have mine at 81). And there is no special care for the babbies, they will eat what mom and dad eat, which is alge pellets, and zuchinii.

Somthing that is absolutly positivly nessary are these: http://stores.ebay.com/FISH-SAVERS the adult and baby shrimp have a tendency to explore the filter, which as you can immagine leads to some serious problems.

To diffierential males from females, males seem to be generally smaller and are almost collorless. Females are the dark red color. O yea the femals also carry the little orange eggs the babbies come from.

In my tank I have shrimp and snails to clean up to prevent me from overfeeding.

If anyone is looking for cherry red shrimp, send me a PM just pay shipping and packaging. I dont have access to heat packs etc, so shipping to cold areas is chancing it. I wont be shipping any until after christmas because i don't want to send them away as babies.

They will, but cherry reds are.. i forgot the name.. and can eat moss/alge as soon as they are born.

Greenwater can be helpful, but for me so far is not required. However I belive you are correct, most shrimp will only eat greenwater, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I find cherries in my canister every time I open it. They are prolific breeders and a planted tank will ensure you will have many for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom