How to breed guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaMan24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 guppies 3 males 3 females how do I make them breed

Put them in water and wait...

I started with 2 babies that just turned out to be a male and a female. 6 months later I've gave away, or used as food, probably around 120+ and my 55g they're in has around 50-60 in it currently.

It might have been more than 6 months but not by to much.

Haha totally agree, they breed like rabbits right there with the molly n platy. But you have too many males you will see a lot of fighting at that amount, 1 male per 3 female at most.

Haha totally agree, they breed like rabbits right there with the molly n platy. But you have too many males you will see a lot of fighting at that amount, 1 male per 3 female at most.

So do I get more females or do move the males

Up to you more females gives you more babies, they do eat their young so if you don't plan on using a birthing net have plenty of plants.

How to breed guppies:
Step one: acquire guppies.
Step two: mission accomplished.

How to tell if a guppy is pregnant:
Is it female? If so, then yes.

How to keep guppies happy:
Clean water, food, and more females than males. Live plants make them even happier.
And that concludes Guppies 101! Hope this was helpful! Lol

How to breed guppies:
Step one: acquire guppies.
Step two: mission accomplished.

How to tell if a guppy is pregnant:
Is it female? If so, then yes.

How to keep guppies happy:
Clean water, food, and more females than males. Live plants make them even happier.
And that concludes Guppies 101! Hope this was helpful! Lol
lol that about sums it up in a nutshell. the males are always "hungry", i started with one male to three females. I dont even know how many I have now lol

Possibly but depends on how fast they can hide, usually one or two survive regardless. But the more guppies the more huddling up to the one delivering waiting on a free meal.

A single female guppy can spit out several dozen fry every thirty days for her entire life.
I've not yet seen a tank with guppies in which not a single fry survived. They may eat most, but sooner or later, one lives.
Add some live plants, driftwood and rock, and later becomes sooner.

best thing to do is put the female in a breeding hatchery when she is really fat with the baby fry insode her and wait till she pops em out

Ok it has been a while but the female fishes died and I was way for one day they ate the babies

Prob to stressed out due to you not having the 3-1 ratio... I have 2 make and 2 female guppies but I also have 1 male and 3 female molies so it's less stressful for them as they're not getting pestard as much... In my apinuion

Nah I bought more and I bought 4 female guppies and most of my males died

The only thing live bearing fish do is breed! Absolutely nothing special required, heck you don't even actually need males as long as the females have been with males at one point they can store spermatozoa and continue to have fry for months:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom