How to tell if my molly is pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jldurfe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a white male and a black female. I'm sure she must be pregnant by now. I have had them for several weeks together, no other fish with them. but she is all black, how would i know if she is pregnant? I am getting good at telling when guppys are ready but dont have any experience with mollys yet!

Their belly will look bigger and it will be square and it will look like she's about to pop, their similar to guppies :)

Ok ty! Just hard to tell because she is completely black. You cant even really see her eyes. She is beautiful though

Yeah I have a pregnant black molly ATM it's really hard to judge with the but from wat I've heard when their about to give birth they stay near plants and don't swim very much

If she has a male or has ever had a male in the tank with her.....she is pregnant. The question is when will she give birth. And the previous answer is correct. When she starts hanging out instead of swimming and she gets very blocky, if you want to keep the babies, separate her if you have the ability to do so. Once she has them, separate her from the babies as she will eat them too. If you can not separate her....get lots of plants. Babies love plants like java moss. They eat off of them and they afford the best protection in a community setting.

Back
Top Bottom