I just found two Cherry Barb fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Many of you know I've been trying to breed Cherry Barbs for quite some time. I had basically given up on them after about 4 months of trying.

Today I was closely examining my tank and behold! Two Cherry Barb fry! No idea how old they are but they are most definitely Cherry Barbs. No visible yolk sac so they've been in there for a while. My fear is the rest of the group may have been eaten by either the Opaline Gourami or the other barbs.

Now I'm going to keep a better eye on that tank. If they spawned not too long ago, I may just have a pair that's spawns like crazy now!

Any tips on raising the young? Would it be ok to place them in a 2g with a female Betta and 2 female feeder Guppy's?

I'm going to buy Hikari First Bites in about a hour. They are in a converted 1/2g flower vase right now. Afraid to stick them in any of my other tanks until you guys give me the a-ok.

I would think that eiher the beta or the guppies would eat them, how large are they?

Back
Top Bottom