i need help! respond please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettamax

Aquarium Advice Activist
one of my fish had a baby i don't know what to feed it right now im trying hikari but not sure if this is what i should be feeding it help before my fish dies of starvation.

i think i know what it is but not sure i need to wait till its older to tell i have so many fish species its hard to tell what it is at this point and was born last night i think because that's when i first noticed it

but i think i know what it is but don't know it's to young to tell i noticed it last night and took it out of the tank so it doesn't get eaten i have it in a plastic container in my room:thanks: for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
will this work with platy's because the one baby i was talking about before was a GloFish but when i put it in a breeder box it swam out of the sides of the box and got eaten and at the same time my Platy gave birth

bettamax said:
will this work with platy's because the one baby i was talking about before was a GloFish but when i put it in a breeder box it swam out of the sides of the box and got eaten and at the same time my Platy gave birth

I keep a spare filter, so setting up the fry tank way easy. I moved the eggs early because my goldies were eating them lol.

They're growing like weeds, I culled all but 5 out that were the best looking ones since I didn't want any inferior fry to survive.

I fed mine algae wafers for the first few days after they were born. They loved it.

I keep a spare filter, so setting up the fry tank way easy. I moved the eggs early because my goldies were eating them lol.

They're growing like weeds, I culled all but 5 out that were the best looking ones since I didn't want any inferior fry to survive.

oooo post pics. How old are they?

how do i raise platy's how many times a day do i have to feed them is there a vitamin they need is there any specific needs besides feeding them daily

bettamax said:
how do i raise platy's how many times a day do i have to feed them is there a vitamin they need is there any specific needs besides feeding them daily

I fed mine 3x a day, small amounts and didn't do any vits. You might want to research the fry food if you're gonna be having regular births.

i do have a male who is already mating with her

how long is the pregnancy i bought her wile she was pregnant

bettamax said:
i didn't see anything about how long the pregnancy is

3-4 weeks for most livebearers, but if they're under too much stress they can hold them longer.

i also have guppies should i expect more fry with these

They can also have them too early and they will be born premature, that happened to me :(

me to but i didn't know what to do but he died because a fish jumped in the breeder box and ate him

i forgot to close the breeder box's lid:banghead::facepalm:

Then yes... You will undoubtedly have fry lol.

do they have alot of fry

Back
Top Bottom