I need info about this!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelbaker79

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got home from work and saw this:
These are the first Rams I've ever been able to find anywhere, I git them approx 4 weeks ago. I've had my fair share with my African Cichlid mouthbrooders, but this is completely new to me. Not to mention they aren't the same fish?! Or I think they may be the same fish, just different color variants? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Are they spawning? What exactly is going on here? There are eggs EVERYWHERE. Then I noticed the golden ram chasing everyone away that comes anywhere near them:
ANY info will help me a lot!!! I guess I should have done more research about this, just didn't think it would happen??

They are spawning. I don't have experience with rams but that is what my Angeles do when they spawn.

There both rams I see them in that color at my lfs alot . I wana say they have had baloon rams too.

Yep, they are spawning. The gold one is the male and the GBR is the female. They are both the same species, as are electric blue rams, they are just different color variants. They may or may not take care of the fry, and when they are free swimming they will likely get eaten by the other fish in the tank unless you move them.

jetajockey said:
Yep, they are spawning. The gold one is the male and the GBR is the female. They are both the same species, as are electric blue rams, they are just different color variants. They may or may not take care of the fry, and when they are free swimming they will likely get eaten by the other fish in the tank unless you move them.

Should I move them? Or should I keep them? Won't they be "weird" so to say?

Back
Top Bottom