I think my GBR pair are preparing to spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. Usually when they start cleaning a site together and guarding it, it doesn't take long for spawning.
I.watched your u-tube link and I am suprised they didn't pick the stone in the background or even one of the leaves above where they are moving gravel. Mine have spawned on the gravel too tho.

I'm looking to breed dwarf chiclid, but don't know what kind yet. I'm looking for a pair that look after their own fry, do rams do this?

Yep. Usually when they start cleaning a site together and guarding it, it doesn't take long for spawning.
I.watched your u-tube link and I am suprised they didn't pick the stone in the background or even one of the leaves above where they are moving gravel. Mine have spawned on the gravel too tho.

I don't get them they are not guarding that site at all my pleco is sitting in it haha oh well I thought they had picked their spot maybe their not ready yet.

I'm looking to breed dwarf chiclid, but don't know what kind yet. I'm looking for a pair that look after their own fry, do rams do this?

This is my first experience with keeping rams but yes they do look after their fry I believe but I can take a few spawns before they get the parent thing down I've heard. Someone with more experience will give you some more detailed info I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom