I want to BREED some Rainbows or Other but need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 rainbows in my 30g tank with just only 3 other mates. I have had them now for a couple months and all 3 of them are about 2 1/2 - 3inches long. I don't know if any of them are females b/c I'm assuming if there were it would have already mated by now but I'm not sure. How can I tell which one of the rainbows is a female if any? Also are they hard to breed and what type of water conditions would be best for them to breed in? Their in a freshwater tank instead of a brackish because I have yet to setup a brackish tank yet.

Or if not rainbows, what else would be good to breed besides GUPPY's? I thought about trying a shot at breeding green spotted puffers but I would expect it to be a little hard. Anyway any help/advice given would be great :)

i thought i read some where that rainbows are hard to breed.you can get convicts to breed easy.or blue rams.these are from my luck.

I don't think you can get rainbows to breed in a tank, tho some people have bred them in larger earth ponds. Some of the gourami are easy to breed, right?

From what I have read, it is not to difficult to get rainbows to breed. They usually do their thing as the light increases in the morning and scatter their eggs in moss or even a green yarn mop. The more difficult part is raising the fry since they start out very small and have to eat infusoria or similar foods.

Back
Top Bottom