Infertile bettas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some bettas I want to breed. 1 betta was labeled "dragon" and is red and blue and the others were labeled as "half moon". I heard that some bettas may be infertile such as certain strains of dragons. Could anyone tell me what kinda betta I have or confirm the dragon scales and maybe give me a guesse in the probability of fertilization? They're in bowls so I can take pictures of them. The red and silver and blue and yellow are half moons according to their cup label and the red and blue first male is a dragon supposedly. Anyone able to confirm or back this up?

Attachments

• image-4113763038.jpg
    image-4113763038.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3383305861.jpg
    image-3383305861.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2327940195.jpg
    image-2327940195.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 69
I've ONLY ever heard of melano black female Bettas being infertile...

I also have a dragon female who produced offspring.

I would google a little more, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

You never know about any type of fish until you try anyways!

I've ONLY ever heard of melano black female Bettas being infertile...

I also have a dragon female who produced offspring.

I would google a little more, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

You never know about any type of fish until you try anyways!

Thanks!!! Ill try and see how it goes :)

Yeah, only Melanos, (black) that I know of have the possibility of being infertile.

There are other genetic deformities that go with dragon scales but not infertility. Like dragon scaling going over the eyes causing blindness (I have a male like this) and x-factor can pop up in them as well, which means wonky scales, but yours looks okay.

Just remember that long fins are dominant and you'll be breeding a halfmoon to a plakat which essentially means you'll end up with mostly deltas and some halfmoons and very few with dragonscaling since it's a recessive gene as well

Back
Top Bottom