Is It Possible To Re-Pair Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BolivianRams

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, my angels are about 6months now and the female is already cleaning a leaf and her stomach is getting quite large. However, I think I might have took the wrong male from the community tank of when she started pairing. Is it possible that over time she will repair? She is showing interests in him but he is not so much, just hanging near a corner and runs away every time she gets close to him.

:(

Fish are fish. It all up the the femail if she wants him or not.:hugs:

She probably beat his butt at one point in time or another.

Mine fight alot well one pair does but they refuse to seperate, they go on hunger strikes when I punish them. Ive seen them repair several times.

She is testing him and the more he moves away the more adgitated he is getting with her, he will at one point if he is capable stand up to her with a large display of force, then and only then will they truly be paired or not. I never segregate until they are truly paired and have spawned atleast twice.

Hm, interesting, today the female's eggtube is completely out and she is really cleaning a sword leaf, he is not showing any interest however. There's only that pair in the tank, what should I do? Leave them and see what happens?

I think my male is doing that hunger strike, he is refusing to eat flakes but he will eat live worms though. What do I do to change this behavior?

She is now laying her eggs and the male is not fertilising it, should I consider getting a new male?

as far as the food goes, I feed flake only 3x a week, the rest is a beefheart mix and bloodworms. They eat whatever I toss in there though, they love guppy fry the best and that really gets em feeling excited.

Id consider putting 2-3 males in there and let her decide who is suitable for her.

I would tell you from my experince this spawn of course is a goner so your best bet is to put them back into your community tank and from the sound of it you have at least 3 angles one being female the other 2 male right? Do ou no what they do when they pair?? The lock lips thing. She will pick one of them so don't worry! I think but don't quote me is that to get a pair that you want... You need to put the male and the female into seperate tanks for like a few days. Then I would put them in the same tank and watch them. The point is that the female has not seen a male in a wile meaning her natural instince is to reproduce hince the male. She should except him and they should become a pair. ( you should see the locking of the lips!!!)

Idk if it will work I only have one pair that I bought that way... But the guy said they were not a pair yet and when I got them home after a few days they locked lips and a week later they spawned!!
I no that if one mate is taken away the other will choose again. It may take a little bit but it will happen!!!!

Good luck to you!!!!!

Oh thanks, and yah I know the whole lip locking thing I've bred them before but the thing is, there was 2 pairs of angels in the main tank and i think i might of switched the pairs when I took those 2 out. I will switch them back morro to see if I was right. That also explains why my male is doing the hunger strike

Back
Top Bottom