Is miss molly having fry ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

autismmommy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me if my molly is going to have fry. ?!?
If she is that will be super exciting ;)

Sorry it looks like my photo did not work ;(
I will try again!!
Any help would be fantastic I just can't seem to figure it out

Yes. 100% yes, she will give birth, she's HUGE!!! Use a plant or a small cave like structure for the fry to hide in to avoid being eaten. :)

She swims a lot hard to catch a good one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 77
This is my tank do you think there are enough hiding places... Or should I get more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 80
She has been a tid bit aggressive towards the other fish but one she allows around here. She is still swimming and eating like normal but sticking to the corner of the tank. We had a male molly that we thought was a girl and pregnant but he died of constipation before we good help him so I wanted to make sure she was a she and for sure pregnant ;))))))))))

Well that's pretty decent. There's no way to keep all the fry from being eaten. But you have a lot of places and plants and what not, so at least a few should survive.

My mollie also had fry 4 days ago. It must have been at night because when I got up and checked the tank I saw seven small fry in the floating plant. I caught them and put them in a floating breeder tank and they seem to be doing well. That might be an idea if you can catch them before they are all eaten. I am sure my mollie had more than seven fry but only 7 made it.

Back
Top Bottom