is my balloon molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i dont know if it is pregnant. or if it is a girl at all please help! i just got it yesterday. all the other fish chase it. and from what i can tell it looks pregnant. but i would just like a second opinion. i am very new to fish and this is my first molly. it is a balloon molly. :fish2:

Attachments

• CIMG0787.jpg
    CIMG0787.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG0817.jpg
    CIMG0817.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 110
  • CIMG0821.jpg
    CIMG0821.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 123
Hmm.. Hat to be the bearer of bad news but I think I see a gonopodium in the third pic meaning it is male. Do you have any other mollies?

You know what, on second thoughts I think it is a really unfortunate placement of your plant in the background and not actually part of your fish!? Do you have another side-on pic you could post?

Aron said:
Hmm.. Hat to be the bearer of bad news but I think I see a gonopodium in the third pic meaning it is male. Do you have any other mollies?

I have to agree though it does look like that maybe get another pic for us just to make sure that it isn't a male. Could have bloat:/ have you been feeding him/her a lot?

yes actually looking at pictures now i do think it is a boy. ahhh there goes the chance of baby fish and i do not have any other mollys but i think i will look into buying one thank you for your help

oh and no i am just feeding him (now that i know it is a boy) now

pinkfish said:
oh and no i am just feeding him (now that i know it is a boy) now

Oh ok just making sure since you thought he was pregnant I thought he could have bloat.

pinkfish said:
yes actually looking at pictures now i do think it is a boy. ahhh there goes the chance of baby fish and i do not have any other mollys but i think i will look into buying one thank you for your help

I see you have a 20g tank, what are his fish mates he shares it with? If you were going to get another single Molly ask for a male because he will harass a single female in there, or you could get two females and his advances will be slit between the two!

Back
Top Bottom