Is My Guppy Pegnant ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
Eople have been saying that the Gravid Spot or Gravid Patch is the Fry's Eyes but my Female Guppies had these when I bought them I dont know how old they are but the internet says that Guppies can have a Gravid Spot or Gravid Patch even if their not Pregnant.

if they were/are in the same tank as the males they are pregnant. if they weren't/aren't in the same tank as the males they are probably still pregnant lol. how long have you had them?

blackmolly said:
if they were/are in the same tank as the males they are pregnant. if they weren't/aren't in the same tank as the males they are probably still pregnant lol. how long have you had them?

I jad them for a week and all Males and Females were in a seprate tank so I bought
• 1 Sunset Colour Male
• 1 Black Tailed Male
• 3 Yellow Cobra Females

ok, so there's a male in the tank. yup. they are gravid lol. they breed like RABBITS...

blackmolly said:
ok, so there's a male in the tank. yup. they are gravid lol. they breed like RABBITS...

Yep but They Had the Gravid Spot before I Bought Them

has it increased at all since you bought them? has it darkened at all?

Here are some Photos
Sorty thery not very good
Could you tell me if each photo is pregnant eg. Pic 2 is Pregnant

image-4051385821.jpg

image-1269798543.jpg

image-2012411618.jpg

fishman3 said:
the top guppy in the first picture looks pregnant

The top in the first photo is the same as the secound picture

Deffo got some babies in there, hi btw im new, infact this is my first ever post yey! i used to breed guppies for a long time & alot of them. It doesn't look like you'vegot long to wait either, i'd say probs just over a week, but it is hard to tell. You'r guppies also will be preggers now for many months, so those babies will keep rolling in :]

They all look pregnant to me. Female guppies actually store the sperm of the males internally and self fertilize. They can hold it for upto three months which means they don't need a male to make babies until they have used up their store of guppy goo.

Back
Top Bottom