Is my guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got some guppies today and I think one might be pregnant???

Attachments

• image-4268598568.jpg
    image-4268598568.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 70
Just got some guppies today and I think one might be pregnant???
It's a bit hard to tell from the picture but nearly all females are pregnant when you get them. Where there males in the same tank in the LFS. Guppies are born pregnant...haha

Here are some more pics :)

Attachments

• image-545152221.jpg
    image-545152221.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image-4042839620.jpg
    image-4042839620.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3583891778.jpg
    image-3583891778.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-4121710287.jpg
    image-4121710287.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 50
Ok thanks. Haven't got to rush out just yet then to get nursery/breeding net thing.
There are other males in I've got 8f 3m. I did have 4m but one male died as got him home :(

I'm thinking of getting a hospital/nursery tank. What is the smallest I could get that would be ok to use?

Also what do I NEED to put in a nursery tank? what filter etc? I know i need heater and filter. And bubbler thing. (Can't think of the name sorry)
Does it need to have gravel etc? And if plants are fake ok that's all I have in main tank.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Ok thanks. Haven't got to rush out just yet then to get nursery/breeding net thing.
There are other males in I've got 8f 3m. I did have 4m but one male died as got him home :(

I'm thinking of getting a hospital/nursery tank. What is the smallest I could get that would be ok to use?

Also what do I NEED to put in a nursery tank? what filter etc? I know i need heater and filter. And bubbler thing. (Can't think of the name sorry)
Does it need to have gravel etc? And if plants are fake ok that's all I have in main tank.

Thanks again for your reply :)
Yeah a nursery would be ideal but not necessary. You could get on of the traps/nets and let them grow in that. They are big enough to go into the main tank, when they are bigger than your biggest fish's mouth.
If you want to go with a nursery tank, try and go as big as possible. At least a 5g would do the job. Most LFS's have starter tank packs, filter, heater etc. This would be ideal. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive. Are you planning on breeding them to keep or sell/trade??.

To add. A sponge filter would be better that a regular filter. Some fake plants, bushy types for hiding places. Gravel optional...

Thanks for your reply. :) I am planning on breeding if I can. But I don't know where to sell them in uk or even if I can.

I bought 12 fish Sunday. By the time I got back one was more or less dead :,( I decided to check water today and my nitrates were slightly up. So did 25% water change and this evening if lost 2 more guppies :( I added everything to the water before putting it back in tank. Made sure temp was similar to that in the tank. So gutted I lost them tho. All other guppies seem to be happy. Hope it lasts.

Ok I will get nursery tank with heater, sponge filter and will pass on gravel I think. Oh and will get couple fake plants to. Just hope I get to see some fry before they all die.

Thanks again for help

Most LFS, especially smaller ones, will give store credit for the fry when they are big enough. Good luck with them....

Guppy fry today!!!! :D haven't a clue who mum is though. Lol. Got at least 2 more that are pregnant :D

Back
Top Bottom