Is my Mollie prenant? Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Logannt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Not for sure if my Mollie is just fat or pregnant. If she is pregnant what is the next step we should take? We have 45 gallon tank with multi fish that are semi aggressive and community.
bJBaNmuQZJ74WDmR6

Mod Edit: Fix image link: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...key=SVU5WW1OU2JVOTlmVU1tZ29CNXc1VmpuRVgyMHJn
Tried to display it in line but you need to click on it to see the image

Last edited by a moderator:
She's pregnant, and looks like she's squaring off, which means fry could come anywhere from tmrw to next week. What species are in you "semi-aggressive community" tank? Likely enough, something in there will eat your fry.
Your next step is probably setting up a small fry-rearing tank. Since you won't have time to cycle it properly, use 50% water from your existing tank, and add a piece of your filter media from your existing tank, so it will be seeded with appropriate bacteria.
Fry are usually (though not always) born in the morning, soon after the lights are on in the tank. If you want them to survive, transfer them to the fry-rearing tank asap. Honestly though, you'll have many opportunities to get your fry tank set up. I have new molly fry at least weekly, usually more often.

Back
Top Bottom