Is my Molly pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_franzwa

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424557745.486018.jpg

Is this fish pregnant or fat

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Livebearers, such as mollies, swordtails and guppies DO get pregnant. I can't tell from your picture, though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

She looks pregnant to me. Can't say how many days she has left until she drops her fry though. My best guess would be a week or less.

Also, I'm pretty sure she's a platy, not a Molly.

Thank you so much I'm new to the fish keeping hobby and wanted some help. Sorry I didn't know it was a Plath I'm still realy new to fish keeping. Should I keep it in that breeding thing or let it out until its closer to when it's gona have babies

You're very welcome! It's no problem, livebearers can look pretty similar sometimes. It really depends on how big the box is. If it's on the larger side, she should be fine, but if it's quite small it'll stress her out. Do you think you can upload a full pic of her in the box so I can get a feel for her size and the space she has inside there?

That to me looks like a balloon belly molly so she is not pregnant, not yet anyways lol as long as you have a male molly she will be pregnant soon.

That to me looks like a balloon belly molly so she is not pregnant, not yet anyways lol as long as you have a male molly she will be pregnant soon.

I don't think she is because I got some more with her and they are the same color and species but this ones stomache is way bigger

Back
Top Bottom