IS my Molly Pregnant?HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say she is about to burst! If she hasn't dropped yet, she will soon enough. I didn't get a lot of fry from my first batch... maybe 5-6 survivors. The latest batches, a few weeks ago, there were 20+.. actually too many to count. Be patient and you'll have your own breeding frenzy soon enough.

OH NO!!! I put my molly in one of those breeding tank things that float in the main tank, and when I came home a couple of hours later she was dead in it! Why would that be? I guess from now on i'm going to just let nature take it's course...

Sorry for your loss. It may have been stress, it may have happened whether she was in the breeder tank or not. If there are lots of hiding places a female will still feel comfortable giving birth. What other occupants in the tank?

I have a pretty full 20G, 2 balloon mollie 2 glo-fish 2 gold barbs a blue gourami a dwarf gourami and a bala shark.

I just added some live plants both floating and not a couple of days ago so that there were some hiding places. I guess my luck has just finally ran out. The tank is only about 3 weeks old, and she was the first fish that I lost.

She seemed just fine leading up to being put in the tank, so I'm going to blame it on the breeder tank and not use it in the future. Actually I may just stay away from the live bearers all together....

Back
Top Bottom